The fabulous girls over on the Sisterhood of Scrap forum helped me compile a fun list!
Would love to see pics and hear if you used any on this list, or perhaps you have something fun you would like to add as well. Comment above if you do!
1. Love the Bubble wrap Hopscotch.... could maybe do with a sprinkle outside in swimsuit...
2. making clay figurines or Porcelain clay [url]http://merrymadecardscrafts.blogspot.com/2010/01/cold-porcelain-creations.html[/url]
3. family fun website for ideas
4. decorating wooden frames
5. Decorating door hangers from the $ store
6. Painting rocks with Acrylics
7. Painting with "water" on the deck is fun
9. Baking healthy treats
10. Baking bread
11. making popsicles
12. New batch of homemade playdough
13. We also love to go for drives and have an ice cream or if raining, have a Flurry (McD's) in the car.
14. Zoo- give them camera to use!!
15. set up wipeout staging on lawn
16. bike ride
17. quad ride
20. making pies around fire
21. making smores around fire
22. planting flowers
23. playing badminton
24. set up croquet
25. set up bocco ball
26. playing volleyball
27. hanging at the lake
28. making birdfeed balls & decorating tree
29. Apple Pizza (recipe below..)
30. make fleece - no-sew blankets
31. name plauqe, decorate individual letters
32. Geo-cashing / Treasure Hunt http://www.geocaching.com/
33. Hide n' seek (take walkie talkies)
Apple Pizza Source: H. Sheppard, The Aurora Newspaper, 14 Wing Greenwood, NS, Canada - Sept 24, 2001
This is a great recipe to try w/ kids. You can make one big pizza or break the dough up to make li'l pizzas so everyone can make their own! The kids can roll out the dough, add the sugar, cinnamon, etc… to the cut apples and arrange the apples on their own pizza. You can even have the kids invite a friend over to have an apple pizza making session!
Part 1: Quick Rise Pizza Dough-
1 c flour
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp quick rise yeast (or 1 package)
1 cup warm water
2 Tablespoons oil
ADD to the above ingredients and BEAT vigorously for about 1 MINUTE. (This is done to add air to the dough)
1 cup flour and mix until you have dough firm enough to form into a ball. (You may have to add a little extra flour.)
Cover bowl and let rise for about 1/2 hour til dough has risen somewhat. (Trick- I always place the bowl in a warm spot in my kitchen.)
Knead the dough a little. (To save a lot of mess, try kneading the dough right in the BOWL!)
Spread dough onto Pizza pan. (If you are worried the dough has not risen enough, remember that most times it will finish rising in the oven while the pizza is cooking!)
PART 2: Making the Apple Pizza! Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
SLICE UP: 6 cups peeled apples and mix them with 2 T lemon juice. Place the sliced apples onto the Pizza Dough.
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup margarine (softened)
1/2 cup bread crumbs OR Rolled Oats
Sprinkle mixture over the apple pizza. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool slightly. Serve warm. (Great with Ice cream.)
Would love to hear from you - share some love, comment above!